Tuesday 12 July 2011

Fabric Covered Beads



Still using my (copious, but soon to end) free time by making some fabric covered beads. I used the tutorial on Twirling Betty's blog which was very helpful and easy to follow.
I bought a long string of wooden beads from a charity shop for the bargain price of £1 a while ago and now I'm finally round to doing it.

I covered a few beads in scraps of a very cute japanese children print that I've used on my patchwork quilt. There are some lovely flowers in it which fitted well onto the small beads. I threaded them together with the smaller wooden beads from the string to make a cute necklace I intend to wear with my outfit for my boyfriend's graduation.


I also covered 10 beads with scraps of my patchwork fabrics to make a cute little bracelet. I threaded them onto some elastic et voila! Very easy. I got somewhat carried away with the theraputic glueing of fabric and now I have two bracelets and a necklace!


I also made a cushion cover for my mum's birthday and made her a matching bracelet with leftover fabric on some more beads! Happy birthday mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment